This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Only compress debug sections if this saves space
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: Rainer Orth <ro at cebitec dot uni-bielefeld dot de>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 11:02:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: Only compress debug sections if this saves space
- References: <ydd1u9f9cnv dot fsf at lokon dot CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE> <ydd1u95yf6m dot fsf at lokon dot CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>
> This patch has now remained unreviewed for a week.
Both H. J. and I suggested that you make the testcase large enough to
guarantee that all debug sections would be compressed.
If you're going to just discard all the new frags created by the trial
compression, I wonder if you should create those on a new obstack and
then discard that obstack before returning? (I suppose any memory leak
here would be minor, since the only time we'll choose not to use the
compressed frags is when they're quite small.)