This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: FYI: patches for powerpc-aix...
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org Development" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 15:25:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: FYI: patches for powerpc-aix...
- References: <20130218230528 dot GH22159 at adacore dot com> <20130219024126 dot GI1266 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <4C5A0934-EF54-4A9F-A4BF-EF56E098B3CC at adacore dot com> <20130515235945 dot GE5221 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <51691E90-E8F7-4EBE-8CF7-BF50EA2DDCD8 at adacore dot com> <20130516131708 dot GH5221 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On May 16, 2013, at 3:17 PM, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 10:40:38AM +0200, Tristan Gingold wrote:
>> 2013-05-16 Tristan Gingold <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> * coff-rs6000.c (_bfd_xcoff_reloc_type_lookup): Handle BFD_RELOC_16.
>> * coff64-rs6000.c (xcoff64_reloc_type_lookup): Likewise.
>> 2013-05-15 Tristan Gingold <email@example.com>
>> * config/tc-ppc.c (ppc_is_toc_sym): Symbols of class XMC_TC
>> are also TOC symbols.
> OK thanks!
Let's wait for Richard comment before committing it!
> In your previous email, you said
>> 1) Usual references to TOC (as emitted by gcc, eg: lwz 3,LC..1(2))
>> were not recognized as is by ppc_is_toc_sym, because the symbol class
>> is now XMC_TC0. Previously the local symbol was discarded and replaced
>> by a reference to the XMC_TC symbol defined by the .tc pseudo
> I was scratching my head over this exlanation, until I figured that
> the difference is caused by the XCOFF ppc_fix_adjustable(). So the
> bug was that when I moved the fixup handling code in md_assemble() to
> md_apply_fix(), I failed to take into account the intervening action
> of ppc_fix_adjustable() in changing XMC_TC symbols to XMC_TC0 plus an
Ah sorry, I didn't mention it as I didn't remember where