This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: FYI: patches for powerpc-aix...
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org Development" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 22:47:08 +0930
- Subject: Re: FYI: patches for powerpc-aix...
- References: <20130218230528 dot GH22159 at adacore dot com> <20130219024126 dot GI1266 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <4C5A0934-EF54-4A9F-A4BF-EF56E098B3CC at adacore dot com> <20130515235945 dot GE5221 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <51691E90-E8F7-4EBE-8CF7-BF50EA2DDCD8 at adacore dot com>
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 10:40:38AM +0200, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> 2013-05-16 Tristan Gingold <email@example.com>
> * coff-rs6000.c (_bfd_xcoff_reloc_type_lookup): Handle BFD_RELOC_16.
> * coff64-rs6000.c (xcoff64_reloc_type_lookup): Likewise.
> 2013-05-15 Tristan Gingold <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * config/tc-ppc.c (ppc_is_toc_sym): Symbols of class XMC_TC
> are also TOC symbols.
In your previous email, you said
> 1) Usual references to TOC (as emitted by gcc, eg: lwz 3,LC..1(2))
> were not recognized as is by ppc_is_toc_sym, because the symbol class
> is now XMC_TC0. Previously the local symbol was discarded and replaced
> by a reference to the XMC_TC symbol defined by the .tc pseudo
I was scratching my head over this exlanation, until I figured that
the difference is caused by the XCOFF ppc_fix_adjustable(). So the
bug was that when I moved the fixup handling code in md_assemble() to
md_apply_fix(), I failed to take into account the intervening action
of ppc_fix_adjustable() in changing XMC_TC symbols to XMC_TC0 plus an
Australia Development Lab, IBM