This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Possible bug; code-block vanishes when adding one assembler-instruction.
- From: Jens Bauer <jens-lists at gpio dot dk>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 23:07:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: Possible bug; code-block vanishes when adding one assembler-instruction.
- References: <20130507122903314912 dot 0457de47 at gpio dot dk> <87sj1xv0bs dot fsf at talisman dot default> <20130508213144132481 dot 9400973e at gpio dot dk> <877gj83448 dot fsf at sandifor-thinkpad dot stglab dot manchester dot uk dot ibm dot com> <20130509113822748942 dot 6df40120 at gpio dot dk> <87sj1w1nt4 dot fsf at sandifor-thinkpad dot stglab dot manchester dot uk dot ibm dot com> <20130509203639970923 dot 8532796d at gpio dot dk> <874nebhoud dot fsf at hase dot home>
Hi Andreas and Richard.
On Thu, 09 May 2013 22:37:14 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Jens Bauer <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> Hmm.. I get an error, when I try to build the code with...
>> .section .fastcode, "ax", @progbits
>> ...It doesn't like the extra parameters:
> arm uses @ as the comment character, replace it by %.
Thank you very much, Andreas, this has been very valuable for me in narrowing down the problem.
I just tried using...
...And I got it to build, plus the entire code-block including LDR and STR is now placed correctly in SRAM.
Richard, I think you now have a much better idea of what is going on, am I right ?