This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR ld/15365: Restrict __ehdr_start's export class (was: RE: [COMMITTED PATCH] Use __ehdr_start, if available, as fallback for AT_PHDR.)
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, Steve Ellcey <Steve dot Ellcey at imgtec dot com>, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>, "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 20:37:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR ld/15365: Restrict __ehdr_start's export class (was: RE: [COMMITTED PATCH] Use __ehdr_start, if available, as fallback for AT_PHDR.)
- References: <20130328231733 dot 3F8F12C0A5 at topped-with-meat dot com> <1C0E790D7E4C75418622FD04CC2A1172015DEBEF at bamail02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <20130408224718 dot 06CE22C088 at topped-with-meat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1304222249290 dot 1453 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <20130425003732 dot GS22536 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1304292331070 dot 1453 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <20130503021058 dot GP5221 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Fri, 3 May 2013, Alan Modra wrote:
> > And what I've been wondering about is when actually the hash table could
> > be non-ELF in ELF emulation code? Linking non-ELF input files into ELF
> > output?
> I missed answering this, sorry. The other way around. linking ELF
> into non-ELF output, eg. srec.
Thanks. I remember trying to link ELF inputs into ECOFF output when
building the MIPS/Linux kernel many years ago. That was already fragile.
I dare not ask what happens when mixed formats are used for input. Hell
will probably freeze over. Twice.
I have committed this change now and closed the bugzilla issue. I have
pushed the PROVIDE_HIDDEN tests as well. Thanks for going through all