This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Remove some dead code from elf64_aarch64_check_relocs.
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng dot Zhang at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "patches at linaro dot org" <patches at linaro dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 17:36:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Remove some dead code from elf64_aarch64_check_relocs.
- References: <517930D7 dot 9090907 at linaro dot org> <51795735 dot 3040805 at arm dot com>
On 25 April 2013 17:17, Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng.Zhang@arm.com> wrote:
> On 04/25/13 14:34, Will Newton wrote:
>> This code was inherited from the ARM backend, but will never be hit due to
>> the more restrictive test above.
> Looks OK to me (but I cannot approve it).
> Just curious that how you spotted this piece of dead code; are you running
> any static code analyzer on bfd?
No, I'm implementing support for GNU indirect functions for AArch64,
and this code is on one of the paths that needs modifying so I
happened to notice it.
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro