Re: bfd and cygpath

On 2013-04-24 18:29, NightStrike wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM, NightStrike <nightstrike@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Thank you for this analysis!  Do you think setting the --with-gnu-ld
>>> configure option will do the trick?  (I'm using gnu ld)
>>>
>>> I'll try it now and see what happens.
>>
>> At first crack, --with-gnu-ld does nothing to change the outcome.
>> We're still trying to use cygpath and getting a cygpath not found
>> error instead of using $(CYGPATH_W), which is still set to echo.
>>
>> Interestingly, with_gnu_ld="no" still appears in the bfd/libtool
>> script.  Does the --with-gnu-ld option not do what I think it does?
>
> Looks like it gets set right all the way through, until the very end
> when libtool takes over:
>
> # Whether we are building with GNU ld or not.
> with_gnu_ld=$lt_with_gnu_ld
>
> Why on earth does it do that?

The way I read it, --with-gnu-ld means that libtool should look for
GNU ld (in $PATH, skipping past any other ld that doesn't pass
muster), it is not meant to force libtool into using some random ld
as if it was GNU ld.

So, it appears that LT_PATH_LD does not like your ld? I'd look into
that. Btw, is $GCC "yes"?

Cheers,
Peter