This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: bfd and cygpath
- From: NightStrike <nightstrike at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Libtool List <libtool at gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 04:12:12 -1000
- Subject: Re: bfd and cygpath
- References: <CAF1jjLvtiySDHS7WqrNaSYA3sxqLk-wVzm=EQuPpORda72B5AA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 4:02 AM, NightStrike <email@example.com> wrote:
> Building bfd in a particular cross compiler scenario requires that
> cygpath be set to "echo". bfd configury has the tools to do this, but
> it's broken. Configure properly does this:
> # test whether we have cygpath
> if test -z "$CYGPATH_W"; then
> if (cygpath --version) >/dev/null 2>/dev/null; then
> CYGPATH_W='cygpath -w'
> But then fails to actually use that variable where it counts:
> fix_srcfile_path='`cygpath -w "$srcfile"`'
> and the subsequent build fails because of this.
> I see this in the resultant configure, but I don't see how it is
> getting into the bfd configure. There is a similar gcc bug here:
> If it comes from libtool upstream, can somebody from binutils update
> the libtool stuff?
Looks like it went in here:
Directly from updating libtool.
I can't find it in upstream libtool, though, so can somebody update