This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gold linker: Access section start & end address w/o using a linker script
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Raphael Zulliger <zulli73 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 10:51:07 -0700
- Subject: Re: gold linker: Access section start & end address w/o using a linker script
- References: <10A84606-654D-4FBC-A66D-40BA39916061 at gmail dot com> <CAKOQZ8ym43X48NJQbM81AiB+f-THT-we-Md0OJ1u-s-MnEpn6w at mail dot gmail dot com> <E0B8D401-6A5B-4149-9ED6-08968E4E0878 at gmail dot com> <CAKOQZ8xJHQcM4VA4ggWPB_XAL8-fJ7sARtnE2Wx=R3uK=xY=Pg at mail dot gmail dot com> <0263B7F5-194E-42D0-A8BB-608F0593ED61 at gmail dot com>
On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 4:39 AM, Raphael Zulliger <email@example.com> wrote:
> Is there a chance to enhance gold to better support such use cases? Or is that out-of focus for gold? I'm not familiar with linking internals, but I think that providing additional start/end address symbols for section names starting with a '.' wouldn't be that tricky to be added, right?
I'm fine with it. Look for uses of is_cident in the gold source code.