This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Building binutils 2.23.2; autoconf version problem
- From: "Flemming H. Sørensen" <flemming dot sorensen at pyro-os dot org>
- To: "binutils" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 20:14:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: Building binutils 2.23.2; autoconf version problem
- Reply-to: flemming dot sorensen at pyro-os dot org
>> I do wonder, however, what is the reason for this dependency on legacy software?
>It's important that every binutils maintainer use precisely the same
>versions of autoconf and automake, to avoid introducing subtle bugs in
>configure and/or Makefile.in due to using and testing different
>We can upgrade the specific versions being used by just announcing a
>plan to do so and testing the upgrade. It should be straightforward
>if you are interested.
I guess I can avoid the issue completely, by submitting the patch for support of the Pyro operating system.