This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Building binutils 2.23.2; autoconf version problem
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: flemming dot sorensen at pyro-os dot org
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 22:14:29 -0700
- Subject: Re: Building binutils 2.23.2; autoconf version problem
- References: <5171b307 dot a21d3c0a dot 1c61 dot ffffcb76SMTPIN_ADDED_MISSING at mx dot google dot com>
On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Flemming H. Sørensen
> I do wonder, however, what is the reason for this dependency on legacy software?
It's important that every binutils maintainer use precisely the same
versions of autoconf and automake, to avoid introducing subtle bugs in
configure and/or Makefile.in due to using and testing different
We can upgrade the specific versions being used by just announcing a
plan to do so and testing the upgrade. It should be straightforward
if you are interested.