This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Building binutils 2.23.2; autoconf version problem
- From: "Flemming H. Sørensen" <flemming dot sorensen at pyro-os dot org>
- To: "binutils" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 17:15:37 +0200
- Subject: Building binutils 2.23.2; autoconf version problem
- Reply-to: flemming dot sorensen at pyro-os dot org
I've run into an interesting issue.
After applying a patch to binutils, I need to run "autoreconf ld gas", and I did that, using autoconf 2.68, but got this error:
"Please use exactly Autoconf 2.64 instead of 2.68."
so, I build autoconf 2.64, and installed it. Now I was ready to build binutils. But no, this was what I got:
"Autoconf version 2.65 or higher is required"
So, guess what I did... I build and installed autoconf 2.65, and tried again, just to get this:
"Please use exactly Autoconf 2.64 instead of 2.65."
Flemming H. Sørensen
The Pyro OS Team