This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: unsupported reloc 11 against global symbol
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- Cc: zulli73 at gmail dot com, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 14:11:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: unsupported reloc 11 against global symbol
- References: <87F43A0D-04EC-4673-A081-34704DD0D18A at gmail dot com> <20130416 dot 163705 dot 286625679247942944 dot davem at davemloft dot net>
>> Finally, my question is whether our assembler code is buggy
>> (although the bfd linker could deal with it), whether this is a
>> missing gold feature or a whether this is a gold bug.
> First, since relocations are per-cpu, you'll need to tell us which CPU
> type you are working on.
Looks like it may be SPARC -- reloc 11 is R_SPARC_13, which is not
supported by gold. I'd say that a conditional branch to a global
symbol is not something we expect a compiler to generate. Try putting
a local label immediately after the global and use that for the target
of the bne instruction.