This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: PR ld/15371: uninitialised ifunc symbol
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 09:24:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR ld/15371: uninitialised ifunc symbol
- References: <20130415211356 dot GA980 at intel dot com>
On 15 April 2013 22:13, H.J. Lu <email@example.com> wrote:
> non_got_ref may not be set when building shared library. We need to set
> non_got_ref if there are any non-PIC relocations. But we only did this
> when there were no PLT/GOT relocations. It failed when there is a PLT
> relocation. I am checking in this patch moves the non_got_ref check out.
I noticed the code in elf-ifunc.c is only used by i386/x86_64. Is this
code intended to be generic? Would it make sense for future IFUNC
enabled ports to use it?
Copyright is 2009 in that file so probably needs updating btw.