This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [GOLD] assertion on more than one PT_NOTE
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 23:20:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: [GOLD] assertion on more than one PT_NOTE
- References: <20130415063007 dot GH27208 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I see no reason why an executable should be limited to one PT_NOTE
> header. This patch removes that limitation in gold.
> As far as I can see there is no code in gold that needs segments to be
> unique like this. OK to apply?
> PR gold/15355
> * layout.cc (Layout::segment_precedes): Allow more than one
> segment with the same type and flags.
This should only happen when using a linker script. Otherwise
something is wrong. So I would rather see something like this:
gold_assert(flags1 != flags2 ||
That patch is OK if it works.