This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: objdump segfault
- From: NightStrike <nightstrike at gmail dot com>
- To: NightStrike <nightstrike at gmail dot com>, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 02:35:40 -1000
- Subject: Re: objdump segfault
- References: <CAF1jjLsmfY1vRQhWQ6HeeWO_4BEGwVvJtBPB2UhGGrmazpnBDQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130415004559 dot GD27208 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 06:01:14AM -1000, NightStrike wrote:
>> If I use ar to add one archive to another, followed by a ranlib, an
>> objdump on the subsequent archive segfaults.
> We were attempting to close the archive twice, due to a bug in
> _bfd_archive_close_and_cleanup. I think this should fix it.
> * archive.c (_bfd_archive_close_and_cleanup): Clear parent
> cache slot for archives.
This works great, too! Thanks for the instant fixes, Alan. It's
I do want to say that we at the mingw-w64.sf.net project have always
marveled at how the binutils team is so responsive. In fact, as a
general policy, we use binutils trunk for pretty much everything
because of how stable you guys keep things. So, from one FOSS project
to another, thanks a ton :)