This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: GAS REGRESSION: .sleb128 tests
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: julian at codesourcery dot com, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 18:31:56 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: GAS REGRESSION: .sleb128 tests
- References: <874nfcf21p dot fsf at redhat dot com> <alpine dot BSF dot 2 dot 02 dot 1304120833250 dot 21799 at arjuna dot pair dot com>
On Fri, 12 Apr 2013, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Apr 2013, Nick Clifton wrote:
> > There seems to be a variety of different, target specific reasons for
> > the failures. The MMIX failures for example come from:
> > gas/testsuite/gas/all/sleb128-2.s: Assembler messages:
> > gas/testsuite/gas/all/sleb128-2.s:4: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.l1:'
> > gas/testsuite/gas/all/sleb128-2.s:8: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.l2:'
> Labels should not be suffixed with ":" for this target; ":" is
> in the identifier namespace.
...except this is special-cased: 'Remove a trailing ":" off
labels'. Doh. (I had to check why Julians patch would work
without doing this.) Thanks.