This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: bfd + chew + execute
- From: NightStrike <nightstrike at gmail dot com>
- To: NightStrike <nightstrike at gmail dot com>, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 05:23:41 -1000
- Subject: Re: bfd + chew + execute
- References: <CAF1jjLuE8DVYvxk1DKVk6PdkL_cwsXJY8NbPzgjToPr=sTmd8w at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130413110128 dot GB27208 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 1:01 AM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 08:50:33AM -1000, NightStrike wrote:
>> Is it really necessary to mess with the file extension here?
> Some hackery is needed to allow make -j and cover for the fact that
> the proper dependecy on "chew" isn't there for reasons given in the
> makefile comment.
>> Can we do something like this?
> Looks OK to me, even better perhaps if we use chw$$ to allow for 8.3
Can you commit that? I don't have FSF paperwork, nor any of the other
requirements for contributions.