This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: finding libraries from linker via $ORIGIN
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Oliver Kiddle <okiddle at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:35:56 +0930
- Subject: Re: finding libraries from linker via $ORIGIN
- References: <19133 dot 1365611488 at thecus dot kiddle dot eu>
On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 06:31:28PM +0200, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> It seems the bfd linker reads in all shared libraries from transitive
> library dependencies. When using --no-copy-dt-needed-entries this is
> surely fairly pointless?
Well, no, because as you found:
> it then fails because of symbols in ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 needed
> by libc.so.6.
It might be reasonable to omit loading DT_NEEDED libraries if both
--no-copy-dt-needed-entries *and* --allow-shlib-undefined is specified.
Australia Development Lab, IBM