This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Regarding "Inconsistency detected by ld.so"
- From: Sakthi <karthikeyan24s at hotmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 01:48:32 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Regarding "Inconsistency detected by ld.so"
- References: <1365433766502-227752 dot post at n7 dot nabble dot com> <1365438468344-227765 dot post at n7 dot nabble dot com> <1365513485443-227891 dot post at n7 dot nabble dot com> <20130410021312 dot GB24281 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
Thanks for your reply.
The output I've posted in above thread is from one legacy framework. I will
create one sample test program to demonstrate the scenario.
In Short :
I've one standalone application (32 - Bit) for which need contiguous memory
layout. Due to the shared libraries falling in a place (libc @0fe40000 and
ld @0ffc0000) which blocks us from using contiguous memory.
I tried certain things with prelink tool to relocate those libraries and
able to successfully to relocate in expected place. But, I like to achieve
the same thing using linker script.
During process instantiation, When the dynamic loader seeks for the unmapped
region there is no mmap in area 0x0f... which resulted in placing the shared
By default PPC linker is using "-z combreloc" script. I've created one
custom linker script on top of comroloc after adding a fack section @0x0f...
which resulted in above "Inconsistency error"
Without fake section, custom linker script is working fine as expected.
View this message in context: http://sourceware-org.1504.n7.nabble.com/Regarding-Inconsistency-detected-by-ld-so-tp227752p228020.html
Sent from the Sourceware - binutils list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.