This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] arm: allow SIMD instructions to be used without VFP support enabled
- From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- To: "Richard Earnshaw" <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Cc: "paul at codesourcery dot com" <paul at codesourcery dot com>, "nickc at redhat dot com" <nickc at redhat dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 16:46:48 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] arm: allow SIMD instructions to be used without VFP support enabled
- References: <5162F06D02000078000CB5DC at nat28 dot tlf dot novell dot com> <5162E529 dot 1080404 at arm dot com>
>>> On 08.04.13 at 17:41, Richard Earnshaw <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 08/04/13 15:29, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> Instructions shared between VFP and SIMD so far got rejected after using
>> .arch_extension simd
>> .arch_extension nofp
>> because their table entries made them dependent on just VFP. Use a distinct
>> feature mask for them instead.
>> 2013-04-08 Jan Beulich <email@example.com>
>> * gas/config/tc-arm.c (fpu_vfp_v1xd_or_neon_ext): New.
>> (insns) Use fpu_vfp_v1xd_or_neon_ext.
> This needs some tests as well, please. In particular, the tests need to
> ensure that the floating-point SIMD versions are correctly disabled for
> the case you cite above.
Not sure I follow: The floating point variant of the SIMD encodings
aren't tied to the presence of VFP, and I don't think I've seen a
separate integer-only-SIMD feature flag in the gas sources.