This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] arm: allow SIMD instructions to be used without VFP support enabled
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- Cc: "paul at codesourcery dot com" <paul at codesourcery dot com>, "nickc at redhat dot com" <nickc at redhat dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 16:41:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] arm: allow SIMD instructions to be used without VFP support enabled
- References: <5162F06D02000078000CB5DC at nat28 dot tlf dot novell dot com>
On 08/04/13 15:29, Jan Beulich wrote:
Instructions shared between VFP and SIMD so far got rejected after using
because their table entries made them dependent on just VFP. Use a distinct
feature mask for them instead.
2013-04-08 Jan Beulich <email@example.com>
* gas/config/tc-arm.c (fpu_vfp_v1xd_or_neon_ext): New.
(insns) Use fpu_vfp_v1xd_or_neon_ext.
This needs some tests as well, please. In particular, the tests need to
ensure that the floating-point SIMD versions are correctly disabled for
the case you cite above.