This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [GOLD] add new method for computing a build ID (take 2)
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: Geoff Pike <gpike at chromium dot org>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:16:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: [GOLD] add new method for computing a build ID (take 2)
- References: <20121030234648 dot A481F1E093B at geoffp dot mtv dot corp dot google dot com> <CAHACq4qzxAktPsuszQZDYS_RWV623QLNm3gtD0+cXzX-b8tuig at mail dot gmail dot com> <CADBJY1gwH7h2+dkszfy00eGcfSLrrSppCHG_eLDg8M90vssiOw at mail dot gmail dot com>
> During queue_final_tasks we don't know the size of string to be
> hashed, so perhaps the way to go is to create a ..._runner that is
> arranged to run just before Close_task_runner?
> Alternatively, we could decide to treehash or not before knowing the
> size of the string.
What do you mean by "size of the string to be hashed"? Looking at
start_asynchronous_build_id_if_needed, it wants to know the size of
the output file, which is determined by Layout::finalize before
Layout_task_runner::run calls queue_final_tasks. I think everything
you need to know is known at that point.