This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Pass the elf object of the archive files to a linker plugin's claim file handler
- From: Sriraman Tallam <tmsriram at google dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:03:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: Pass the elf object of the archive files to a linker plugin's claim file handler
- References: <CAAs8HmxNKoi8qV8+9TBG=btfMzSHEub6y_XS=m8P+Vga6833gQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAKOQZ8x531Rs1STeNMnSV5ZwWG06tZq90-MkC_31sXgiNhV2cg at mail dot gmail dot com>
This patch is now submitted.
On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 5:54 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Sriraman Tallam <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Currently, the elf object of archive files is not passed to a
>> linker plugin's claim file handler. This means APIs like
>> get_section_count will not work on archive files. The following patch
>> fixes this by creating an elf object for archive files before the
>> plugin's claim file handler is invoked. If the plugin claims the file
>> then the elf object is deleted. This is similar to how regular
>> objects are handled in readsyms.cc.
> This is OK with a ChangeLog entry.