This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Pass the elf object of the archive files to a linker plugin's claim file handler
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Sriraman Tallam <tmsriram at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 17:54:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: Pass the elf object of the archive files to a linker plugin's claim file handler
- References: <CAAs8HmxNKoi8qV8+9TBG=btfMzSHEub6y_XS=m8P+Vga6833gQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Sriraman Tallam <email@example.com> wrote:
> Currently, the elf object of archive files is not passed to a
> linker plugin's claim file handler. This means APIs like
> get_section_count will not work on archive files. The following patch
> fixes this by creating an elf object for archive files before the
> plugin's claim file handler is invoked. If the plugin claims the file
> then the elf object is deleted. This is similar to how regular
> objects are handled in readsyms.cc.
This is OK with a ChangeLog entry.