This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils 2.19.92 linker broke with --as-needed flag
- From: Vincent Wen <wenvincent90 at gmail dot com>
- To: Eric Christopher <echristo at gmail dot com>
- Cc: David Daney <ddaney dot cavm at gmail dot com>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 15:40:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: binutils 2.19.92 linker broke with --as-needed flag
- References: <CAF_=-cAkxcT55aLt4FL01gKCjjgO-3d1NSuXc4ADuPY3vOodFg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130328000253 dot GK14552 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAF_=-cD=32qSTx9Q=ZUPjU1OyZh-_UmRT518KzK3roW=q2Gqtg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130328023639 dot GL14552 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CALehDX4fduBUun9a3bc99exx3B+wB1KiwkY_HpfN9ps2bUbkZg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAF_=-cA7WYSfO0jjGCPpKcPwOEjD+7v0G6pTbtDm13Zkv8rkgA at mail dot gmail dot com> <5154E517 dot 4000409 at gmail dot com> <CALehDX77XzF6hGxT82y+Ofe+ypwG64uZmrfj+e4ZZm-nSEhgOA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAF_=-cAo_+bni4N++ynNcYQ5RKkMBg1i7aNcXZ-aCJPVb3ub8Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <CALehDX5F_WXmKS9K+EipTw5uGkM37cOc2K+Zqxpe8XwBtzaTxg at mail dot gmail dot com>
Thanks for the help.
I am building a cross toolchain with binutils and gcc4.5.3 with
uClibc. So when I install dejagnu, I am not sure if I install it on
the development x86 linux pc or install it on the target MIPS board?
And where to run the "make check", on the pc or MIPS target board?
If on MIPS board, does it mean I need to install expect on MIPS target
On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Eric Christopher <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The testsuite is there as part of the code. Typing "make check" if you
> have dejagnu
> installed should be sufficient to run the tests. You'll want to build
> and test on a mips
> target I assume as well.
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Vincent Wen <email@example.com> wrote:
>> I did a research on dejagnu and it seems to be a framework for tests.
>> I still need to provide the testsuite. dejagnu itself doesn't include
>> You were saying to use gblic test suite. For I am building the
>> toolchain with binutil-2.19.92, uClibc 0.9.32.1 and gcc 4.5.3, I
>> wonder I need to use uClibc test suite instead of using glibc test
>> Thanks a lot!
>> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Eric Christopher <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 5:49 PM, David Daney <email@example.com> wrote:
>>>> On 03/28/2013 04:21 PM, Vincent Wen wrote:
>>>>> Thanks a lot for clarification!
>>>>> So I am testing the following patch per our discussion. Please let me
>>>>> know if anything missing.
>>>> It may be worth having Richard Sandiford look at this. He has been doing
>>>> most of the MIPS patch reviews of late...
>>> Most assuredly :)