This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils 2.19.92 linker broke with --as-needed flag
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at gmail dot com>
- To: Vincent Wen <wenvincent90 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: David Daney <ddaney dot cavm at gmail dot com>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 14:45:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: binutils 2.19.92 linker broke with --as-needed flag
- References: <CAF_=-cAkxcT55aLt4FL01gKCjjgO-3d1NSuXc4ADuPY3vOodFg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130328000253 dot GK14552 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAF_=-cD=32qSTx9Q=ZUPjU1OyZh-_UmRT518KzK3roW=q2Gqtg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130328023639 dot GL14552 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CALehDX4fduBUun9a3bc99exx3B+wB1KiwkY_HpfN9ps2bUbkZg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAF_=-cA7WYSfO0jjGCPpKcPwOEjD+7v0G6pTbtDm13Zkv8rkgA at mail dot gmail dot com> <5154E517 dot 4000409 at gmail dot com> <CALehDX77XzF6hGxT82y+Ofe+ypwG64uZmrfj+e4ZZm-nSEhgOA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAF_=-cAo_+bni4N++ynNcYQ5RKkMBg1i7aNcXZ-aCJPVb3ub8Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
The testsuite is there as part of the code. Typing "make check" if you
installed should be sufficient to run the tests. You'll want to build
and test on a mips
target I assume as well.
On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Vincent Wen <email@example.com> wrote:
> I did a research on dejagnu and it seems to be a framework for tests.
> I still need to provide the testsuite. dejagnu itself doesn't include
> You were saying to use gblic test suite. For I am building the
> toolchain with binutil-2.19.92, uClibc 0.9.32.1 and gcc 4.5.3, I
> wonder I need to use uClibc test suite instead of using glibc test
> Thanks a lot!
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Eric Christopher <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 5:49 PM, David Daney <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> On 03/28/2013 04:21 PM, Vincent Wen wrote:
>>>> Thanks a lot for clarification!
>>>> So I am testing the following patch per our discussion. Please let me
>>>> know if anything missing.
>>> It may be worth having Richard Sandiford look at this. He has been doing
>>> most of the MIPS patch reviews of late...
>> Most assuredly :)