This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils 2.19.92 linker broke with --as-needed flag
- From: Vincent Wen <wenvincent90 at gmail dot com>
- To: Vincent Wen <wenvincent90 at gmail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 18:54:39 -0700
- Subject: Re: binutils 2.19.92 linker broke with --as-needed flag
- References: <CAF_=-cAkxcT55aLt4FL01gKCjjgO-3d1NSuXc4ADuPY3vOodFg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130328000253 dot GK14552 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
Who is the MIPS maintainer?
On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 10:24:51AM -0700, Vincent Wen wrote:
>> I'd like to know whether the patch for this issue is accepted or not?
> That really is up to one of the MIPS maintainers. As I said in
> http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2013-02/msg00159.html the MIPS backend
> wants _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ dynamic for some reason.
> bh = NULL;
> if (! (_bfd_generic_link_add_one_symbol
> (info, abfd, "_GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_", BSF_GLOBAL, s,
> 0, NULL, FALSE, get_elf_backend_data (abfd)->collect, &bh)))
> return FALSE;
> h = (struct elf_link_hash_entry *) bh;
> h->non_elf = 0;
> h->def_regular = 1;
> h->type = STT_OBJECT;
> elf_hash_table (info)->hgot = h;
> if (info->shared
> && ! bfd_elf_link_record_dynamic_symbol (info, h))
> return FALSE;
> I think that is just plain wrong, but I don't know the history of this
> Another issue is that your simple one-line patch potentially requires
> testsuite changes. Have you run the ld testsuite on a native MIPS
> target after making your change? How about the glibc testsuite?
>> I tried to replace STV_HIDDEN with STV_PROTECTED and it doesn't work with
>> our application. Our customer is waiting for the fix and we need to make
>> the release next week.
> Alan Modra
> Australia Development Lab, IBM