This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils 2.19.92 linker broke with --as-needed flag
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Vincent Wen <wenvincent90 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 10:32:53 +1030
- Subject: Re: binutils 2.19.92 linker broke with --as-needed flag
- References: <CAF_=-cAkxcT55aLt4FL01gKCjjgO-3d1NSuXc4ADuPY3vOodFg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 10:24:51AM -0700, Vincent Wen wrote:
> I'd like to know whether the patch for this issue is accepted or not?
That really is up to one of the MIPS maintainers. As I said in
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2013-02/msg00159.html the MIPS backend
wants _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ dynamic for some reason.
bh = NULL;
if (! (_bfd_generic_link_add_one_symbol
(info, abfd, "_GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_", BSF_GLOBAL, s,
0, NULL, FALSE, get_elf_backend_data (abfd)->collect, &bh)))
h = (struct elf_link_hash_entry *) bh;
h->non_elf = 0;
h->def_regular = 1;
h->type = STT_OBJECT;
elf_hash_table (info)->hgot = h;
&& ! bfd_elf_link_record_dynamic_symbol (info, h))
I think that is just plain wrong, but I don't know the history of this
Another issue is that your simple one-line patch potentially requires
testsuite changes. Have you run the ld testsuite on a native MIPS
target after making your change? How about the glibc testsuite?
> I tried to replace STV_HIDDEN with STV_PROTECTED and it doesn't work with
> our application. Our customer is waiting for the fix and we need to make
> the release next week.
Australia Development Lab, IBM