This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: A question about LD_LIBRARY_PATH
- From: Trevor Woerner <twoerner at gmail dot com>
- To: MARGUINAUD Philippe <philippe dot marguinaud at meteo dot fr>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:14:12 -0400
- Subject: Re: A question about LD_LIBRARY_PATH
- References: <51517CA1 dot 4010305 at meteo dot fr> <20130326111655 dot GA14552 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 7:16 AM, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 11:46:57AM +0100, MARGUINAUD Philippe wrote:
>> I have a question about the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I
>> would like to know whether it takes precedence over the RPATH encoded in
>> the binary executable.
> It depends on whether your apps are using DT_RPATH or DT_RUNPATH.
It's also worth nothing that some distributions enable
--enable-new-dtags by default in their toolchains: