This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch, avr] Fix PR 12494 - Make relaxation consider relocations from all sections before deleting ret
- From: Senthil Kumar Selvaraj <senthil_kumar dot selvaraj at atmel dot com>
- To: Joerg Wunsch <joerg dot wunsch at atmel dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>, <eric dot weddington at atmel dot com>, <chertykov at gmail dot com>, <gjl at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 22:17:30 +0530
- Subject: Re: [Patch, avr] Fix PR 12494 - Make relaxation consider relocations from all sections before deleting ret
- References: <20130321132751 dot GA9560 at atmel dot com> <20130321134956 dot GI9929 at atmel dot com>
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 02:49:56PM +0100, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> As Senthil Kumar Selvaraj wrote:
> > This patch fixes PR 12494 (relaxation leads to wrong code optimization),
> > by considering relocations from all sections in the BFD before
> > determining that it is safe to delete a ret instruction.
> Since Johann reported the bug, please get his consent before committing
> the patch.
Sure. I'd submitted the patch in bugzilla a week back, but didn't hear
from him, so I thought I'd try the mailing list.
I'm also CC'ing him and Denis (with the right email id).