This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Commit: gas: Improve DWARF2 fixed increments
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 20:22:54 +1030
- Subject: Re: Commit: gas: Improve DWARF2 fixed increments
- References: <87vc8obve3 dot fsf at redhat dot com>
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 03:05:56PM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I am applying the patch below to improve the line debug information
> generated by GAS when the target wants to use fixed increments. (Ie
> when the target uses linker relaxation). The enhancement simply omits
> the line increment if the line delta is zero and omits the address
> increment if the address delta is zero.
> Tested on a large variety of targets with no regressions.
Does the comment about GDB using duplicate line info no longer apply?
/* Don't emit sequences of line symbols for the same line when the
symbols apply to assembler code. It is necessary to emit
duplicate line symbols when a compiler asks for them, because GDB
uses them to determine the end of the prologue. */
Australia Development Lab, IBM