This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [GOLD] PowerPC64 identical code folding
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:22:15 +1030
- Subject: Re: [GOLD] PowerPC64 identical code folding
- References: <20130312002029.GD562@bubble.grove.modra.org>
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 10:50:29AM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
> * gc.h (gc_process_relocs): Look through function descriptors
> to determine shndx, symvalue and addend used by ICF. Tidy
> variable duplication.
On testing this with more than the gold testsuite, I discovered that
--icf on PowerPC64 is quite broken. We can't call function_location()
for a symbol defined in some object for which do_read_relocs() hasn't
been called; The .opd info for that object isn't yet set up.
It looks like I'll need to translate shndx, symvalue and addend in
Australia Development Lab, IBM