This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] MIPS: Compressed PLT/stubs support
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>, Catherine Moore <clm at codesourcery dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 06:53:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] MIPS: Compressed PLT/stubs support
- References: <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> What's the current ETA for 7.6? By now I have run out of time, I'll
> be off the next two weeks and won't be able to do anything about this
> change even if Richard accepts it right away (unlikely).
Branch is scheduled to be tomorrow, and release 2 weeks after
assuming no last-minute glitch.
> Of course it's still possible that a fortnight away you'll still not
> have rolled 7.6 out for one reason or another, but assuming that all
> goes well, what is the prospect of having 7.7 released before
> binutils 2.24?
We have several options if you miss 7.6. We can look at a 7.6.1,
for instance. And if binutils keeps to its current typical pace
of 1 major release a year, with the last one being around Oct,
GDB 7.7 should also be out by then.