This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 3/4] Add readelf/objdump support for version 2 DWARF package files
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 11:25:41 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/4] Add readelf/objdump support for version 2 DWARF package files
- References: <CAHACq4ocX3806qBJrOMDcLV5Nw7jyiYaabY7E0_Y+CDk776OzQ@mail.gmail.com> <51307BD3.firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> This patch adds readelf/objdump support for version 2 of the proposed
>> package file format, documented here:
>> * dwarf.c (cu_tu_indexes_read, shndx_pool, shndx_pool_size)
>> (shndx_pool_used): Move to top of file.
>> (struct cu_tu_set): New type.
>> (cu_count, tu_count, cu_sets, tu_sets): New file scope variables.
>> (fetch_indexed_string): Add "this_set" parameter. Update all
>> (find_cu_tu_set_v2): New function.
>> (read_and_display_attr_value): Add "this_set" parameter.
>> (read_and_display_attr): Likewise.
>> (process_debug_info): Track base offsets for DWARF package files.
>> (load_debug_info): Call load_cu_tu_indexes.
>> (get_DW_SECT_short_name): New function.
>> (process_cu_tu_index): Add support for version 2 DWARF package
> Approved - please apply - but, please could you also include the link above
> as a comment somewhere so that interested parties reading the source code
> can find out about DWARF package files.
Done, thanks! I put the link in include/dwarf2.h as well.