This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Are gas macros case insensitive?
- From: Paulo Pinto <pjmlp at progtools dot org>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 14:27:14 +0100
- Subject: Are gas macros case insensitive?
- References: <CAOQMjvRvvSvgYM-zaGpimeRb0AOd5mXiD8DsHja_AkU+f+wjOw@mail.gmail.com>
I am trying to port a code generator based in NASM macros to as.
It is dumb code generator where bytecodes are mapped to macros, which
are then processed
into assembly instructions.
The problem is that it seems as is case insensitive when dealing with
macros, so JMP gets called
when the jmp opcode is used.
For example the following macro gives the following error: "Fatal
error: macros nested too deeply".
.macro JMP target
If I rename the JMP macro to something else, the code is generated properly.
Is there any way to make AS case sensitive?
Thanks in advance,