This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld: linking to GNU_UNIQUE symbol does not set ELFOSABI_GNU
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 19:33:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: ld: linking to GNU_UNIQUE symbol does not set ELFOSABI_GNU
- References: <51011B99.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20130124132818.GY3244@bubble.grove.modra.org> <51029E68.email@example.com> <CAMe9rOqRTK3ETZk51n4-xztOotLFRTZkksL+zm+EAZ_BK5=Edg@mail.gmail.com>
On 01/25/2013 04:49 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
I'm not sure your premise is correct anyway. STB_GNU_UNIQUE seems to
be relevant to the definition of a symbol, not a reference. Which
leads me to think that ld probably should not give undefined symbols
an STB_GNU_UNIQUE binding.
Sorry, I have no idea how to implement that. Should I file a bug so that
this issue isn't lost?
Please open a bug with a testcase.
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security Team