This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: PR ld/15096: DT_RPATH != DT_RUNPATH
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 10:34:06 +1030
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR ld/15096: DT_RPATH != DT_RUNPATH
- References: <20130204232000.GA26845@intel.com>
On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 03:20:00PM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> We can't replace DT_RPATH with DT_RUNPATH by default since one object's
> DT_RUNPATH entry does not affect the search for any other object's
> dependencies. This patch enables new tdags on Linux only if -rpath
> isn't used. OK to install?
> PR ld/15096
> * bfdlink.h (bfd_link_info): Change new_dtags to int.
I think this would be better left as-is, and instead a new boolean
new_dtags_set variable used in elf32.em. That way you won't need to
change bfd_link_info (and bump the BFD version). Also, you neglected
to mention before_parse in the Changelog.
Australia Development Lab, IBM