This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Upstreaming 300-binutils-avr-size.patch
I did actually take a look at this particular patch - to enhance the
size program. But I did not like it. What I found worrying was the
fact that it was adding a lot of AVR specific code to what is currently
a very generic program. The patch did not explain why this code is
needed, nor why the current output from the size program is insufficient.
Without context, I cannot be sure, but I suspect that the size
program is not the right place for this sort of enhancement. perhaps
readelf or an AVR specific tool would be more appropriate.