This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: h8300-elf-ld aborts with internal error when relax enabled
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Michael Schewe <michael dot schewe at gmx dot net>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:21:22 +0000
- Subject: Re: h8300-elf-ld aborts with internal error when relax enabled
- References: <51018F6F.email@example.com>
I have some trouble porting 2 projects developed in 2005 with a patched
ld from binutils-2.16 (2 patches from KPIT Renesas support) to current
ld is used with relax enabled.
h8300-elf-ld: BFD (GNU Binutils) 18.104.22.16830124 internal error,
line 286 in elf32_h8_info_to_howto
Thank you for reporting this error.
Here is a patch to fix the bug:
And thank you even more for the fix.
This works for me; can anyone familiar with this please verify and
check-in this patch (i am new here) ?
The patch is just fine. I have checked it in, along with the changelog
entry below. FYI, in the future, if you could report bugs, and
potential fixes, via the binutils bugzilla system, that would really help:
2013-01-25 Michael Schewe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* elf32-h8300.c (elf32_h8_relax_section): When checking for a
second reloc, make sure that the reloc potentially exists first.