This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch 1/9] Nios II port, top-level configury
- From: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 14:51:31 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch 1/9] Nios II port, top-level configury
- References: <email@example.com> <51019B2D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 01/24/2013 01:35 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
May I be the first to say YEAH!!! RTEMS has had a NIOS II port for
quite a while but we wouldn't include it in real releases because
it relied on code that was not available from the FSF. This moves
it up from being a stepchild. :)
Yes, as I noted, the Nios II toolchain has been around for quite a long
time. Getting the patches integrated into the FSF code base at last
will help a lot with bit-rot and maintenance issues, besides making the
port more generally accessible.
Will the newlib, gcc, and gdb ports be popping out shortly?
Perhaps not "shortly", but yes, we do plan to submit ports for all the
toolchain components as we beat them into shape. E.g. I am hoping we
will have the GCC patches ready by the time trunk re-opens for 4.9