This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Add R_386_SIZE32/R_X86_64_SIZE32/R_X86_64_SIZE64 support to bfd
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: hjl dot tools at gmail dot com, hongjiu dot lu at intel dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 18:50:31 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Add R_386_SIZE32/R_X86_64_SIZE32/R_X86_64_SIZE64 support to bfd
- References: <20130116203309.GA20783@intel.com> <20130116214229.GA12947@intel.com>
H.J. I wonder about this syntax.
Won't it conflict with symbol versioning?
How could we refer in the assembler to a specific version of
a symbol, and that version happens to be "SIZE"?
Maybe I'm concerned about a non-issue, but I thought I'd ask.