This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Add R_386_SIZE32/R_X86_64_SIZE32/R_X86_64_SIZE64 support to bfd
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: hjl dot tools at gmail dot com, hongjiu dot lu at intel dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 18:40:44 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Add R_386_SIZE32/R_X86_64_SIZE32/R_X86_64_SIZE64 support to bfd
- References: <20130116203309.GA20783@intel.com> <20130116214229.GA12947@intel.com>
From: "H.J. Lu" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 13:42:29 -0800
> I am waiting for Solaris feedback so that we can have the same
> assembly syntax with Solaris assembler if possible.
It looks like the Solaris assembler has no support for generating
these relocations. Instead, the intention seems to be for the dtrace
tools to generate these relocations by hand, as mentioned here:.
So we can use whatever syntax we want in GAS.