This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: stabs/dwarf size comparison on CSiBE (Was: stabs support in binutils, gcc, and gdb)
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>, David Taylor <dtaylor at emc dot com>, Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>, nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 18:53:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: stabs/dwarf size comparison on CSiBE (Was: stabs support in binutils, gcc, and gdb)
- References: <CABu31nORjxe-0BCKwfv4GZ9byQtX=d6+khAz8PVqQZQ8wNT2Hg@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:09:46 +0100, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> Unless someone can shoot holes in this test approach,
While the sum of *.o files sizes may make sense in some cases I would find
more useful to measure it only for the final executables and after they have
been processed by dwz.
Besides dwz also .debug_* sections relocations have large size and all these
relocations get removed in the final executable.