This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: stabs support in binutils, gcc, and gdb
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>, David Taylor <dtaylor at emc dot com>, Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>, nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 00:40:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: stabs support in binutils, gcc, and gdb
- References: <12972.1357230104@usendtaylorx2l> <13032.1358189769@usendtaylorx2l> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Then it is expected that dwarf debug is much bigger than stabs debug,
> since the latter does not include any of the value tracking capabilities
> of dwarf. Without that it is almost impossible for a debugger to
> display the true value of local variables.
Indeed. And it would be interesting to have figures with