This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Support for MIPS r5900
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: JÃrgen Urban <JuergenUrban at gmx dot de>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 09:49:12 +0000
- Subject: Re: Support for MIPS r5900
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com>
"Maciej W. Rozycki" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> And in any case I insist that the instructions are correctly marked in
> the opcode table.
I agree that it would be better to exclude the unimplemented instructions.
JÃrgen: if you're happy to submit a patch along those lines, I promise
to review it.
BTW Maciej, sorry to be prickly about this, but: where I live, "I insist"
has a very domineering ring to it, at least in this kind of context.
The implication tends to be that "having insisted, I really expect it to
happen, simply because it is _I_ who insisted". Maybe it's not the same