This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH v2] ld: add new --enable-new-dtags-only flag
- From: John Marino <gnugcc at marino dot st>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:21:58 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] ld: add new --enable-new-dtags-only flag
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 1/11/2013 07:05, Mike Frysinger wrote:
With the --enable-new-dtags flag, you can generate DT_RUNPATH in
addition to DT_RPATH. But the former tag isn't terribly useful
so long as the latter is still being generated. So add a new
option to suppress that.
The proposed option name isn't great, but it's in line with the
existing --neable-new-dtags flag.
Signed-off-by: Mike Frysinger<email@example.com>
[Being lazy on CL writing until we hammer out the proposal]
I don't think the premise is true.
If both DT_RUNPATH and DT_RPATH dtags are present, DT_RPATH dtag is
ignored by the dynamic linker.
I don't know of a dynamic linker that behaves differently.
Are you sure there's a problem here?