This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: a simple question about link
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: horseriver <horserivers at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:06:54 +0000
- Subject: Re: a simple question about link
- References: <20130109231210.GB6599@debian.localdomain>
if gcc do not specify a ld-script file for ld , which ld-script ld will use ?
The one that is built into the linker. You can see this script by
running the linker directly with the --verbose command line option
specified. Note - slightly different variations of this default linker
script are used when other command line options are also passed to the
linker, eg -N and -r. See the source file ld/genscripts.sh for more
details on this.