This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
[PATCH] Support VU0 on MIPS R5900
- From: "Jürgen Urban" <JuergenUrban at gmx dot de>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 00:41:30 +0100
- Subject: [PATCH] Support VU0 on MIPS R5900
now I prepared the second part of the binutils patch. The patch adds support for the second co-processor of the r5900 which is called VPU (Vector Processing Unit) or VU0 (Vector Unit 0). This was completely generated by ragnarok2040 from scratch. I extracted it, prepared it and tested it, so it can be submitted:
Changelog for gas:
* config/tc-mips.c: Add support for VU0 instructions of r5900
Add option -mr5900-legacy-vu0 for activating old full VU0 register names when disassembling.
Parse suffix of VU0 instructions.
* testsuite/gas/mips.exp: Add tests for VU0 instructions
* testsuite/gas/r5900-legacy-vu0.d: Add tests for VU0 instructions (old full register names)
* testsuite/gas/r5900-legacy-vu0.s: Add tests for VU0 instructions (old full register names)
* testsuite/gas/mips/r5900-vu0.d: Add tests for VU0 instructions (numeric register names)
* testsuite/gas/mips/r5900-vu0.s: Add tests for VU0 instructions (numeric register names)
Changelog for include:
* include/opcode/mips.h: Add 2 digit operands for VU0 instructions.
Changelog for opcodes:
* mips-dis.c: Disassemble new 2 digit operands for VU0 instructions including instruction and register suffix.
* mips-opc.c: Add VU0 instructions of r5900 and enable COP2 instructions which are working with VU0.