This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] [RFC] ld: add new --enable-new-dtags-only flag
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 20:01:53 +1030
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [RFC] ld: add new --enable-new-dtags-only flag
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 02:30:00AM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> With the --enable-new-dtags flag, you can generate DT_RUNPATH in
> addition to DT_RPATH. But the former tag isn't terribly useful
> so long as the latter is still being generated.
Huh? I thought that if DT_RUNPATH is present, DT_RPATH is ignored.
Also, if you're going to name the new option --enable-new-dtags-only,
I'd be inclined to make it actually enable the new dtags. ie. don't
require --enable-new-dtags as well.
Australia Development Lab, IBM